Another great collection of eight strands of rare and collectible unpolished jade stone beads from Northern Afghanistan, ranging between 7-25mm in size.
All the beads have a healthy and proportionate 1-3mm centre-drill hole and come in a variety of shapes including flat tabular, Chipstone, bicones, and ovals.
Jade beads are popular with beaders bent on creating ethnic-style tribal or boho-style statement jewellery because of their beautiful pale green and pale yellow colours or how each bead has been shaped or carved.
The majority of our jade is processed in Afghanistan but comes from the Henan region in northern China.
Sources claim that Jade has long been considered to be the ‘Imperial Gem’ – so utmost respect for the semi-precious stone must be attached to its very being.
Because of the stone’s reverence all over Asia – and throughout the centuries, Jade has been used, not only to create many “utilitarian and ceremonial objects, from indoor decorative items to jade burial suits”, it has been used to create some of the finest jewellery.
Purists also believe jade is both complex and spiritual – with healing qualities which can help cure kidney and loin ailments.
The entire collection will provide exciting jewellery prospects – and are the ideal ingredients to make look-again necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.
The collection weighs in at 472 grams. Please bear in mind the accompanying photos have been enlarged to show greater detail.
- Two strands of 18-25mm flat tabular oval jade (approximately 25 per strand)
- Two strands of 10x13mm unpolished jade bicones (approximately 100 per strand)
- One strand of 18-24mm faceted hexagonal (approximately 29 per strand)
- One strand of 13-25mm Afghan flat tabular graduated jade (approximately 21 per strand)
- Two strands of 7x11mm Afghan unpolished jade bicones (approximately 42 per strand)